Re: [ft] Telling if a font has TrueType outlines

From: Michael Day
Subject: Re: [ft] Telling if a font has TrueType outlines
Date: Mon, 2 May 2005 12:04:20 +1000 (EST)

Hi mpsuzuki,

> However, usually "CFF OpenType" has "CFF" table instead of "glyf" table,
> you can exclude it by "CFF" existence, I suppose.

I found that CFF OpenType fonts are loaded by the "cff" driver rather than
the "truetype" driver, so perhaps checking the driver is still a more
convenient method of distinguishing fonts rather than trying to load
tables.

It seems that if the font driver is "truetype", then the font must be what
is commonly referred to as a "TrueType font", without any PostScript
outlines, regardless of what tables it has. I think :)

Best regards,

Michael

--
YesLogic Prince prints XML!