Re: [Freetype] Can't use FT_RENDER_MODE_LIGHT

From: Christian Demmer
Subject: Re: [Freetype] Can't use FT_RENDER_MODE_LIGHT
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 18:16:40 +0100

Werner LEMBERG wrote:

>Using FT_RENDER_MODE_LIGHT with FT_Glyph_To_Bitmap basically makes no
>sense since this function doesn't influence hinting.

OK.

>  Instead, you
>have to call FT_Load_Glyph with FT_LOAD_TARGET_LIGHT to get the
>desired effect.  Anyway, it's a bug: I've fixed both documentation and
>code in the CVS; FT_RENDER_MODE_LIGHT now works with
>FT_Glyph_To_Bitmap.

Thanks. I just upgraded to "current 19.02.2004".
Unfortunately the problem persists:

err := FT.LoadGlyph(font.face, font.glyphs[Index[i]].index,
                        FT.LOADRENDER + FT.LOADTARGETNORMAL);

This works fine as before with FT_Glyph_To_Bitmap as does
LOADTARGETMONO. But changing to

err := FT.LoadGlyph(font.face, font.glyphs[Index[i]].index,
                                FT.LOADRENDER + FT.LOADTARGETLIGHT);

gives error 0x13 again. Just to make sure that I did not use a buggy
language binding I write the constant values I use.

CONST
        LOADDEFAULT*  =  0H;
        LOADNOSCALE*   =     1H;
        LOADNOHINTING* =         2H;