Re: [Freetype] Can't use FT_RENDER_MODE_LIGHT

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Freetype] Can't use FT_RENDER_MODE_LIGHT
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 22:38:31 +0100 (CET)

Sorry for the late reply.

> [...] I tried the new mode FT_RENDER_MODE_LIGHT
>
> err := FT.GlyphToBitmap(glyph, (*rendermode*) FT.ftRenderModeLight, org,
> 0X);
>
> and this call fails with error 0x13 (cannot render this glyph
> format).  Just replacing ftRenderModeLight by ftRenderModeNormal
> makes everything work again. Am I missing something important that
> must be changed, too?

Using FT_RENDER_MODE_LIGHT with FT_Glyph_To_Bitmap basically makes no
sense since this function doesn't influence hinting.  Instead, you
have to call FT_Load_Glyph with FT_LOAD_TARGET_LIGHT to get the
desired effect.  Anyway, it's a bug: I've fixed both documentation and
code in the CVS; FT_RENDER_MODE_LIGHT now works with
FT_Glyph_To_Bitmap.