[Freetype] imagemagick says that freetype is not installed correctly

From: S . f . Stover
Subject: [Freetype] imagemagick says that freetype is not installed correctly
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 08:25:30 -0500

Hey all.  I hope this hasn't come up before and I missed it - I've been
googling for almost
2 hours on this problem, and I can't determine if it's an ImageMagick thing or
a FreeType
thing (although I've found several other folks w/ the same problem).

Running RedHat 8, I downloaded and installed freetype-2.1.7.  Followed the
instructions and did "./configure --with--prefix=/usr/local/".  Everything
proceeds as
expected, and it looks great.

When I install ImageMagick-5.5.7, it tells me:

checking for FreeType 2.0 ...
checking for freetype-config... freetype-config
checking for FT_Init_FreeType in -lfreetype... yes
checking freetype/freetype.h usability... no
checking freetype/freetype.h presence... no
checking for freetype/freetype.h... no
checking if FreeType package is complete... no -- some components failed test

which I can't understand.  freetype.h is definitely present...

I don't see this being a FreeType problem, I think it's something hosed on the
ImageMagick
install, but wanted to doublecheck here.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

tia.

--
aka Dolph Longhorn                      GPG Key ID: 0xF8F859D0
http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?search=0xF8F859D0&op=index

"There is no such thing as right and wrong, there's just popular opinion."
-Jeffrey Goines