Re: [Freetype] Certain characters of pbf fonts don't render?

From: Jan-Åke Larsson
Subject: Re: [Freetype] Certain characters of pbf fonts don't render?
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 08:50:07 +0100

Werner LEMBERG wrote:
> The name `FT_ENCODING_ADOBE_CUSTOM' (you should actually use the
> uppercase variants) makes sense.  It is specific to PostScript fonts
> and indicates atmost 256 glyphs in an arbitrary encoding.  And Adobe
> is the inventor of PostScript...

However, IIRC some of the TeX math fonts did not accept
FT_ENCODING_ADOBE_CUSTOM. So, I basically needed the work-around I
described. Since I only see the DVI op-codes I basically have the char
index only to work on. When FT_ENCODING_ADOBE_CUSTOM exists, it seems
to work, but otherwise I see no solution other than using the char
names.

A related question: do TrueType fonts provide these names also (char
names, that is) or is this specific for PostScript fonts?

/JÅ

--
Dyslectics have more fnu