Re: [Freetype] Release date for 2.1.4

From: David Turner
Subject: Re: [Freetype] Release date for 2.1.4
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 15:56:52 +0100

Andrew Derrick Balsa wrote:
Hello,

I have been using the CVS version of Freetype for a few days, with David ChesterĀ“s patches turned on, and the difference between stock 2.1.3 and CVS is amazing.

I am using two monitors in a Xinerama configuration. These are 15 inch, 1024x768 monitors driven by a noname Radeon 7000 card.

The CVS version renders all the fonts I could throw at it, beautifully, without any artifacts, and without any loss of speed.

Is there a fixed schedule for new releases or would you consider making CVS into 2.1.4?

Well, I wanted to release it last week-end but couldn't really find the
time to do that properly. The schedule is now "whooping really soon now" :-)

What really lacks are the removal of a few compiler warnings (with exquisite
compilers, that is), updating the docs/CHANGES, updating the web site.. and
maybe proper testing (e.g. using valgrind on Linux)

It seems also that the FTP server is currently down, but we could use
SourceForge anyway..

Regards,

- David Turner