Re: [Freetype] output fonts to bmp bitmap file?

From: Juliusz Chroboczek
Subject: Re: [Freetype] output fonts to bmp bitmap file?
Date: 09 Jan 2003 19:18:56 +0100

TR> What is the easiest way to output rendered fonts to a bmp bitmap
TR> file? Or any other standard graphics file format?

On

  http://www.pps.jussieu.fr/~jch/software/files/

you will find a very old utility called ``ttfgif''.  It's still using
FreeType 1, but it should be easy to port.

TR> I don't know if it exists already but, one handy little function
TR> in the freetype2 library to output rendered fonts to any standard
TR> binary file format would be a nice hardware independent way of
TR> viewing rendered fonts.

Short of reinventing the wheel, your suggestion would make FreeType
dependent on one of libpng or libungif.  Not something that the
embedded folks are likely to appreciate.

                                        Juliusz