[Freetype] Rendering text placed on a curve.

From: Tomasz Wegrzanowski
Subject: [Freetype] Rendering text placed on a curve.
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 20:46:52 +0200

I'm thinking about rendering text placed on a curve.
Bitmap fonts would be useless for this purpose,
so I'm thinking about using libfreetype.
Is it possible to call libfreetype to make unaligned outline,
then transform this outline in main program, and then
call libfreetype to align these points and make raster
image of glyph ?
Is there any project that actually renders text on curve ?