Re: [Freetype] contours self intersecting

From: David Turner
Subject: Re: [Freetype] contours self intersecting
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 10:38:08 +0200

Hello,

Wallace Chigona a écrit :

> I am obtaining the contours of a Multiple Master font so that I can draw
> the polygons myself.  However, I have a problem(s) in that sometimes the
> polygons are self intersecting.  I have this problem with the glyph "A".
> This happens at some "legal" combinations of the two axises (weight and
> width).  What could I be doing wrong?.  I am working with AdobeSanMM.

There is probably nothing wrong with having self-intersecting polygons
in multiple master glyphs. Actually, this is something you would expect
since there is no way to re-design a glyph for particular axises values..

You'll simply need to deal with them (use the non-zero winding rule to
fill them, otherwise, you'll need to write a polygon intersector)

Cheers,

- David