[Freetype] Problems with libfreetype.so.6

From: Jason Roman
Subject: [Freetype] Problems with libfreetype.so.6
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 11:56:44 -0400

Hi.

I'm running Redhat 6.2 and believe I am having problems installing
the FreeType library.  What I am doing is combining it with the GD
graphics library.  I am not sure which of the installations is going
wrong.

I have installed FreeType and the libfreetype.so.6 file is there.
When I compile and link with the -lfreetype flag it works, but
when I run the program it says "error in loading shared libraries:
cannot find libfreetype.so.6" or something along those lines.  I
also try putting the entire library in with /usr/local/lib/libfreetype.
a, but the size of the program does not increase and I still get
the error.

I have it running on other box with RedHat 6.1 just fine.  I keep
reinstalling both libraries, changing links, just about every single
thing I can think of.  It just WON'T recognize that the freetype
library is installed.  I get no errors when installing either package.

So two questions:

1. Does it seem like a problem installing FreeType, or GD?
2. Can anyone offer a few easy checks or suggestions to get it working?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks a bunch!

Jason