Re: [Freetype] Ambiguously Undefined Glyphs [was: Mozilla needs someinfo

From: David Turner
Subject: Re: [Freetype] Ambiguously Undefined Glyphs [was: Mozilla needs someinfo on Xft]
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2001 16:41:38 +0200

Hello Brian,

(I'm still on vacation, so I'll be brief.. :-)

> FreeType2 does not provide access to the LOCA table so I could not
> do the test in Erik's code or the test you suggested. Instead
> I load the glyph and look at the count of contours.

If you need it, we can add a function to access SFNT tables
within TrueType or OpenType. Something like:

   FT_Error   FT_Load_Sfnt_Table( FT_Face    face,
                                  Sfnt_Tag   tag,
                                  FT_Byte*   buffer,
                                  FT_ULong   buffer_size,
                                  FT_ULong  *table_size );

Another solution would be to implement the relevant functionality
in a new function. What about:

  FT_Error   FT_Map_Char_Codes( FT_Face     face,
                                FT_ULong    code,    // first charcode
                                FT_UInt     count,   // number of codes/glyphs
                                FT_UInt*    glyphs,  // output glyph index
buffer
                                FT_UInt     flags )

#define  FT_MAP_CHARS_DEFAULT         0
#define  FT_MAP_CHARS_IGNORE_BLANKS   1  // "spaces" return glyph index 0
#define  FT_MAP_CHARS_IGNORE_CHARMAP  2  // assume input is glyph index range
.... maybe other interesting flags .....

the last solution has the advantage of not being format specific..

What would you prefer ??

Regards,

- David