[Freetype] Problem with demos on X11; Text layout question

From: Laboratory for Micro Enterprise
Subject: [Freetype] Problem with demos on X11; Text layout question
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2001 20:24:06 +0000

I'm new to freetype.  I'm using 2.0.1 on X11 (Linux, KDE), playing with the
demos. The graphics subsystem doesn't respond to many of the key events used in
ftstring.c. I presume this is a known problem, but I haven't found anything
about it in the mailing list archive. All I can do is turn hinting on and off,
and scale up and down. I'd like to be able to play with the other controls.
Thanks for any info about fixing this.

I'm interested in developing a free xml editor using freetype. Does anyone have
any pointers to a free WYSIWYG text layout library or algorithms which might
serve as a starting point?

John Storrs, Laboratory for Micro Enterprise
8 The Green, Culham, Abingdon OX14 4LZ, UK
tel/fax (44) 01235 520395  email address@hidden