XFree86 4.0

From: Andy MacNamara
Subject: XFree86 4.0
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2000 02:01:41 -0400

Hi.

I just downloaded the beta of FreeType 2.0, and was very impressed. I'm
wondering several things:

1) How do you guys relate to XFree86 4.0 and the FreeType font-server
module included with it?

2) How far off is 2.0, as I'd love for it (specifically the
anti-aliasing) to be included in XFree86. I'm willing to do some hacking
to get it working, but I didn't know how much code the 2.0 release has
yet to go. Also, has anyone succeeded in getting XFree86 to use the
FreeType 2.0 code to do native antialiased fonts?

Thanks a lot,
Andy MacNamara

--
  Andy MacNamara                                   Email:
address@hidden

/usr/games/fortune:     I just thought of something funny...your mother.
                        - Cheech Marin