VxWorks Port

From: Gaiser, Jason
Subject: VxWorks Port
Date: Fri, 12 May 2000 16:01:24 -0700

Hi Everybody,

I'm starting a port of freetype 1.3 to VxWorks and I was wondering if anyone
has done this before and if there is anything I need to look out for.

I'll be reading the font files from ROM and displaying to a 16bit
framebuffer.  What would be the best method to include the TTF files into
the build?  Should I turn them into a structure in a header file?  Does
anyone have a utility to do this?  Also, if anyone has sample code for
reading from memory (as oppsed to a file on a disk) it would be greatly
appreciated!

Also, I'm interested in caching to improve performance.  Does anyone have
example code or some ideas concerning an efficient implementation?

Thanks a bunch!
{
   Jason Gaiser                                 phone:  (858) 824-3078
   Wind River Doctor Design Services    fax: (858) 824-3178
   address@hidden                   http://www.doctordesign.com
}