Re: SGI mips3 and thread safe

From: David Turner
Subject: Re: SGI mips3 and thread safe
Date: Fri, 12 May 2000 09:53:36 +0200

Hi Harley,

Harley Blumenfeld a écrit :

> I am not getting the error messages in the ttmutex file.
> The error messages are in arch/unix/ttmmap.c. The compile errors
> are happening in a part of the memory mapped file that within a
> #ifdef TT_CONFIG_OPTION_THREAD_SAFE block. I've been looking
> through the threads and porting documentation to see how the file
> component works, and what could be the problem. Possibly some
> macro argument isn't expanding correctly or something.
>
> Any ideas, anyone?

Well, simply put it, some files were incorrect and didn't compile properly
when TT_CONFIG_OPTION_THREAD_SAFE is defined, due to trivial buts (how
embarassing :-).

I've just commited some changes to the CVS repository. Please check it
now and tell us about any problems you might encounter..

Best Regards,

- David

PS: For those interested, the files were:

         lib/arch/unix/ttmmap.c
         lib/extend/ftxsbit.c
         lib/extend/ftxgdef.c
         lib/extend/ftxgsub.c
         lib/extend/ftxgpos.c

   If you don't use extensions (the "ftx*" files), the library itself
   compiled properly in thread-safe mode on non-Unix platforms..