Re: [ft-devel] The criterion for comparing SVG Rendering libraries

From: Behdad Esfahbod
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] The criterion for comparing SVG Rendering libraries
Date: Tue, 14 May 2019 23:47:06 -0700

On Tue, May 14, 2019 at 11:42 PM Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> wrote:

> Realistically, not many fonts combine multiple glyphs into the same
> SVG documents, for obvious reasons of workflow: fonts are built out
> of a collection of standalone SVGs much more often than hand-curated
> SVG documents representing multiple glyphs each.

Not having had a closer look at your SVG Emoji font, so I wonder
whether it contains such `hand-curated' stuff for testing purposes...
Otherwise, do you know test examples for that?  Eventually, this
should all be added to a proper test suite.

No.  The Noto font is bunch of separate SVGs.

I don't know of such a hand-crafted SVG font.  I'm sure someone has a demo somewhere... Firefox was working on one at some point.

--
behdad
http://behdad.org/