Re: [ft-devel] The criterion for comparing SVG Rendering libraries

From: suzuki toshiya
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] The criterion for comparing SVG Rendering libraries
Date: Tue, 14 May 2019 16:16:57 +0000

Dear Behdad,

Behdad wrote:
> EXACTLY.  Also why I think, and said, that all the current energy is going in
> the wrong direction.

Could you tell me more about "all the current energye is going in the wrong
direction"?
Do you think "spending much energy for the discussion which is not so much
important"?
Or, do you think "trying to implement something in wrong design"?

> Work can already be started implementing the SVG table and
> FT_GLYPH_FORMAT_SVG and then tested with any of the renderers before being
> any need to settle on one.

Ah, maybe the implementation of the SVG table parser might be the most stable
part, regardless with which SVG renderer is good, how it is collaborate with
FreeType. It's correct.

Regards,
mpsuzuki