Re: [ft-devel] I would draft some documents to build SVG Native Viewer..

From: Moazin Khatri
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] I would draft some documents to build SVG Native Viewer...
Date: Sat, 11 May 2019 17:06:55 +0500

Hi Toshiya,

Oh, I apologize that I've not finished any documents how
to build & test SVG Native Viewer. I've asked a few questions
to Dirk and got his answers (I'm sure my questions must
be almost same with you), but not summarized the information
as a step-by-step guide for others.

At first I was trying to compile Skia's master branch, which I successfully did. After that I tried compiling SVG Native Viewer. First of all, there were configuration issues due to which the variable `USE_SKIA` wasn't being set to True on my Linux. After fixing that, there were many issues regarding header files not being found. Those were because of the latest changes in Skia. I fixed those too. The final issues were in the compilation of Skia based rendering port. Which was due to `SkShader` class getting changed. It turns out that SVG Native Viewer can directly work with up to `chrome/m40` branch of Skia. So the next thing I have to do is get the `chrome/m40` branch compiled. I was thinking about asking Dirk but thankfully, you just told me that you already have. Since I have figured out the most parts, I think a rough guide will work for me too.  So if you could just write a few lines describing an overview, that'll most likely work for me.

I'm sorry for that my
laziness made you spend your times.

Oh it's totally fine. It taught me a lot. :D

# however, yet I have no experience to build it on Windows.
# only Linux and macOS...

I am on Linux. So no problem. Ubuntu to be specific.

When I finish drafting of first revision, I hope you can
review it and find some overlooked pitholes.

For sure, I would love to!

Regards,

Moazin