Re: [ft-devel] Time for a new FreeType release

From: Nikolaus Waxweiler
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Time for a new FreeType release
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2018 15:29:51 +0100

> If MSbuild is a kind of make, then yes. I do not know if that is scriptable.

Me neither. Does it matter if you can use e.g. CMake on that platform?
That's also what's done by vcpkg, A Microsoft project to make it easy
to install open source libraries in a Windows environment.

Werner, as I understand it, the requirement is to support GNU make
next to Autotools plus GNU make, no? Platforms not supported by that
(e.g. Windows) can use CMake? I'm asking because Alexei says not all
build systems are scriptable, so you always need to maintain a spelt
out `ftconfig.h`.