Re: [ft-devel] texts for ftview/ftstring (Re: C99, long long, and inlin

From: suzuki toshiya
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] texts for ftview/ftstring (Re: C99, long long, and inline)
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2016 13:00:56 +0900

> ftstring  -m can handle Unicode strings but I found it to be cumbersome as I
> had to copy-paste sample strings from the browser.

Yeah, yeah, "ftstring -m" is not so easy. Some developers/users may invoke the
ftstring/ftview under the environment which cannot pass UTF-8 string
transparently to the program (e.g. legacy terminal emulators, legacy locale, etc
etc). Therefore I suggested to use the file or stdin, it is not same with "-m"
option.

> I only want to cover languages natively spoken by more than 100 mln people.
> This is just 10 languages and strings.

Sorry, I'm not saying that there are so many languages. I'm saying that it is
not easy to determine which is the best sample text to hardwire, even for the
popular scripts written by 100 mln people.

Regards,
mpsuzuki