Re: [ft-devel] severe problems with subpixel hinting

From: Infinality
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] severe problems with subpixel hinting
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2013 21:07:09 -0600

This looks OK.  As soon as you have a patch (or maybe you want to
create a branch so that others can test it also) I can give better
comments.  I'm looking forward to seeing this new code!
Yep, once I'm satisfied that it's working OK, I'll clean it up and send out a patch for testing.

I have a question. I'm trying to detect when functions match a certain criteria at FDEF time, setting a variable in the execution context, and reading it later during hinting, but it seems like it's not set to what I expect it to be once the hinting process starts. What place in the code would I want to set something that applies to the entire *face*? Does it make sense to store this information inside TT_Face (CUR.face->) instead of the execution context? (Maybe I've answered my own question.) ;)

Thanks,
Erik