Re: [ft-devel] [ttfautohint] stem width handling is now selectable

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] [ttfautohint] stem width handling is now selectable
Date: Wed, 04 Jul 2012 06:37:41 +0200 (CEST)

> Freetype should go to the metric system...  we could replace all
> 26.6 variables with floats!  What do you say??

Basically, I don't object; the IEEE floating point architecture is
well standardized today.  However, it's a major undertaking, and I'm
not sure whether it is worth the effort.  In particular, the TrueType
language works with 26.6 entities, and Type 1 only support integer
arguments for the `div' operator, so there are some good reasons for
integer arithmetics...

And most particular: I won't do such a conversion :-)