Re: [ft-devel] [ttfautohint] stem width handling is now selectable

From: Adam Twardoch
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] [ttfautohint] stem width handling is now selectable
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2012 21:43:07 +0200

On 12-07-02 18:56, Werner LEMBERG wrote:
> The point is that you can install the MS rasterizer DLL within
> Wine :-) Behdad says that he successfully has done this; I will ask
> him for details. [Hmm, maybe I'm wrong and he was only talking about
> the OpenType support.] Werner
I think he did indeed mean Uniscribe.dll -- the Windows-native OpenType
Layout engine, not the rasterizer. I'm not aware of any method of
plugging in the MS TrueType or ClearType rasterizer -- as the font
rasterization is not just a DLL with an API (Uniscribe is). The font
rendering code is a set of code portions (from Microsoft and Adobe),
built into GDI and DirectWrite directly.

A.

--

May success attend your efforts,
-- Adam