Re: [ft-devel] Wavelet rasterization

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Wavelet rasterization
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2012 09:43:56 +0200 (CEST)

> I've stumbled upon this paper that claim wavelet rasterization may
> give better cell coverage (than freetype):

This is a nice paper, thanks for the link.  However, it says that
wavelet rasterization can't compete with specialized rasterizers like
FreeType w.r.t. speed.  Additionally, the cell coverage differences
are completely neglegible for standard font usage IMHO; if really
necessary, the Bézier handling in smooth.c can be adjusted by
increasing or decreasing the number of subdivisions.