Re: [ft-devel] ttfautohint - latest source build error OSX

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] ttfautohint - latest source build error OSX
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2012 10:11:21 +0200 (CEST)

> I support the use of pandoc.

Yeah, it's very nice.  It took me some days to evaluate the various
documentation systems: My first thought was to use doxygen, but this
format is not really suited for standalone documentation like a user
guide $(Q#|(B maybe it is, but I haven't found an easy way.  My second try
was Robodoc, but again I was hit by various problems.  Most notably,
it usually acts on directories, not on files.

pandoc has no facility to extract documentation from header files, so
I've cooked up a very primitive sed script to do that.  I'm quite
satisfied with the results yet, and even the roff output looks OK.

> Does it output texinfo?

Yes, it does, but it isn't my primary target, mainly because I
eventually want to use different fonts.

I've done a quick check, and I see that there are some major problems
with texinfo output.  In particular, cross references within the
document don't work.  This is not a problem with the pandoc format per
se but with lack of support.  Sigh.  It would be interesting to fix
that, but I don't dare to open another coding front...