Re: [ft-devel] ttfautohint now has a GUI

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] ttfautohint now has a GUI
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2012 18:38:58 +0100 (CET)

> Also, if possible, backwards compatibility with libtool would be
> easier for many users.

This is my fault: I've simply inserted the libtool version I have on
my GNU/Linux box, and since I'm running openSuSE factory, it's always
the newest one.

On the other hand, I want to use the autotools on Windows also, and
here it is probably *critical* to use the newest versions (or even git
snapshots) because MSVC support is very new.[1] Whoever is currently
compiling from git, please do the following:

1. Say

     libtool --version

   to get the version number.

2. At the end of the file `bootstrap.conf', adjust the version number
   of libtool.

3. You can do the same for automake and autoconf.

4. Call

     ./bootstrap

Then proceed with the usual `./configure' call.

    Werner

[1] There is a script wrapper which makes MSVC behave like a unix-like
    command line compiler.