Re: [ft-devel] ttfautohint now has a GUI

From: vernon adams
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] ttfautohint now has a GUI
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2012 12:41:08 +0000

On 24/01/12 11:32, Adam Twardoch (List) wrote:
On 12-01-24 10:25, Werner LEMBERG wrote:
AFAIK, Qt uses the native GUI elements of the host OS; it's just a
wrapper to provide a consistent platform-independent interface.
Regarding a special GUI for Cocoa: *I* won't do that :-)
Yes, Qt on Mac or Windows definitely does not use X11. I can say that it
*is* a good choice for a GUI tool. It's very flexible. The default
widgets often don't look as compelling as the purely native controls (so
a Qt app on Mac OS X does not look "as good" as a pure Cocoa app, more
like a Carbon app), but it's definitely "good enough".
Good . I didn't know qt used native widgets on a mac . I assumed those several 100's of mb's were widget pixels :)

Also, if possible, backwards compatibility with libtool would be easier for many users.

-v

I agree, however, that making a dependancy on Qt version 4.8 is
currently a bit early. Using 4.7 would be recommended at this point, if
possible.

Best,
Adam