Re: [ft-devel] FreeType Amalgamation

From: suzuki toshiya
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] FreeType Amalgamation
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2012 15:58:49 +0900

Werner LEMBERG wrote:
>> 3) A new ftconfig.h should be created that has a preamble for
>> decoding the platform, [...]
>
> How shall this work?  There are dozens of platforms, and you want to
> hard-code them all in a configuration header file?

I'm afraid that MacOS specific ugly hacks (detecting Mac OS, excluding
CodeWarrior, detecting Mac OS X, excluding PPC, excluding 64bit, etc etc)
made Vinnie feel sick.  If I can say some excuse, it is because a public
function heavily depending with classic Mac OS was accidentally introduced
and enabled by default, and we have to keep from "unresolved symbol blah
blah blah" troubles.  When FreeType will make a big bump including the
removal of deprecated API, the ugly hack in ftconfig.h for Mac OS will
be removed.

Regards,
mpsuzuki