Re: [ft-devel] [Patch] CJK autofit/autohint blue zones

From: mpsuzuki
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] [Patch] CJK autofit/autohint blue zones
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2011 22:27:37 +0900

On Wed, 20 Apr 2011 14:53:08 +0200 (CEST)
Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> wrote:

>>> Here is the anti-aliasing comparison. The patch makes the contrast
>>> of some top horizontal strokes (因, 置,里, 面) weak.
>>
>> It's kinda weird because the bluezones should be grid fit before
>> being used to align stems.  In the pictures, the top bluezone was
>> obviously not grid fit. Maybe a step was missed.
>
>Indeed, it looks odd.  I was just going to write that I don't see a
>real improvement...  Toshiya-san, may I ask you to give a detailed
>recipe how you've created those images?

My pictures were taken as:

0) Build freetype2 and demos with default configuration
   (bytecode interpreter is built), with CFLAGS
   "-g3 -ggdb -O0 -fkeep-inline-functions -DFT_DEBUG_LEVEL_ERROR=7
-DFT_DEBUG_LEVEL_TRACE=7 -DFT_DEBUG_MEMORY=7"

1) Show the sample string by ftstring
2) Hit "h" key twice, and ensure the hinting is enabled.
3) Hit "f" key once, and ensure the auto-hinting is forced.
4) Take the screenshot.

What was wrong?

Regards,
mpsuzuki