Re: [ft-devel] harmonize conic and cubic splines

From: GRAHAM ASHER
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] harmonize conic and cubic splines
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 09:16:15 +0100 (BST)

I am sorry to say that I regard a 3% slowdown as intolerable, especially for my
purposes. I haven't noticed any quality problems with the existing code. We can
define quality as the inverse of the maximum distance of the generated line
segments from the actual curve; that can be adjusted using the existing
algorithm, in any case. The aim of code improvement in this area is to improve
speed while preserving quality.

Graham