[ft-devel] Re: Getting pathname from FT_Face (patch for future discussio

From: mpsuzuki
Subject: [ft-devel] Re: Getting pathname from FT_Face (patch for future discussion)
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 2010 03:30:35 +0900

Dear Werner,

On Thu, 04 Feb 2010 09:29:58 +0100 (CET)
Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> wrote:
>> I wrote an experimental patch to provide
>> FT_Get_Path_From_{Stream,Face}.
>>                           Although I wrote the request to get a
>> pathname from FT_Face object as "presumable" in above, but I'm not
>> sure it is "frequent". So I won't commit this patch soon.

>                please commit the small issues which you've found
>while writing the experimental stuff

Thanks, just I've committed a small fix to prevent NULL pointer
dereference in FT_Module_Requester functions when NULL module
handle is passed to them.

>                                       My only concern is whether we
>shall add this by default to the library, or whether we should add a
>compile-time configuration option for that.

Obviously, it should be disabled by default. I think the request
of such functionality comes from the people working with too big
software to review whole. The software depending such feature would
be ill-structured, difficult for future developers to maintain.
I think such feature should be used for debug or inspection purpose
only.

Regards,
mpsuzuki