[ft-devel] Re: Getting pathname from FT_Face (patch for future discussio

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: [ft-devel] Re: Getting pathname from FT_Face (patch for future discussion)
Date: Thu, 04 Feb 2010 09:29:58 +0100 (CET)

> I saw a small discussion in fontconfig mail list, asking for a
> method getting a pathname from FT_Face.
>
> http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/fontconfig/2010-January/003349.html

Accidentally, I've seen this too.

> I wrote an experimental patch to provide
> FT_Get_Path_From_{Stream,Face}.  I attached the detailed description
> in the end of this post.  Although I wrote the request to get a
> pathname from FT_Face object as "presumable" in above, but I'm not
> sure it is "frequent". So I won't commit this patch soon. When we
> receive so many requests for such functionalities, let's start the
> discussion.

Thanks you for working on this.  The code looks fine, at a first quick
inspection (and please commit the small issues which you've found
while writing the experimental stuff).  My only concern is whether we
shall add this by default to the library, or whether we should add a
compile-time configuration option for that.