Re: [ft-devel] FT_Init_FreeType allocating memory before I get a chance

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] FT_Init_FreeType allocating memory before I get a chance to set the allocators.
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 10:01:52 +0200 (CEST)

> 1) We have our own struct that contains both the ft library and an
>    FT_Memory object.
>
> 2) We initialize the fields in the FT_Memory object so that our
>    callbacks are called.
>
> 3) We call FT_New_Library and tell it to use our memory object.
>    This is the first FT2 API call.
>
>        // Initialize freetype2
>        lib->ft_memory.alloc    = sf_FTalloc;
>        lib->ft_memory.free     = sf_FTfree;
>        lib->ft_memory.realloc  = sf_FTrealloc;
>        lib->ft_memory.user     = lib;
>        ft_err = FT_New_Library( &lib->ft_memory, &lib->ft_lib );

I wonder whether this code from FT_Init_FreeType

  (*alibrary)->version_major = FREETYPE_MAJOR;
  (*alibrary)->version_minor = FREETYPE_MINOR;
  (*alibrary)->version_patch = FREETYPE_PATCH;

should be moved to FT_New_Library to make FT_Library_Version more
generic.

I suppose that you don't call FT_Init_FreeType at all if using
FT_New_Library, right?  Do you use FT_Add_Default_Modules to register
all modules or do you specify them directly with FT_Add_Modules?