RE: [ft-devel] Accessing FSType (Type 1 or CID)?

From: Bevan, David
Subject: RE: [ft-devel] Accessing FSType (Type 1 or CID)?
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 14:02:09 -0000

I’m happy to try to do this and have just been looking in to what might be required.

If I understand correctly, a field needs adding to PS_FontInfoRec (which is part of the public interface; presumably this is OK) and FSType processed just like other fields, simply by defining in t1tokens.h.

That should be very easy.

In theory, it’s a bit more complex than that because FSType can occur in either the FontInfo dictionary or the base font dictionary, and theoretically, if it occurs in both, the one in the FontInfo takes precedence.

But FT2 code doesn’t actually distinguish between fields in the FontInfo dictionary and the base font dictionary, which means that new code would be required to recognise whether we’re within the FontInfo dictionary or not.

However, I think it will be satisfactory to ignore the situation where FSType is present in both places and with different values.

David %^>