Re: [ft-devel] Accessing FSType (Type 1 or CID)?

From: mpsuzuki
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Accessing FSType (Type 1 or CID)?
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 22:43:14 +0900

Hi,

On Thu, 11 Dec 2008 09:16:50 -0000
"Bevan, David" <address@hidden> wrote:

>Does FreeType currently provide any way of accessing the /FSType entry
>in a Type 1 or CID font (cf. p19 of
>http://www.adobe.com/devnet/acrobat/pdfs/FontPolicies.pdf
><http://www.adobe.com/devnet/acrobat/pdfs/FontPolicies.pdf> )?
>
>( can't see anything, but I might have overlooked something.)

At present, FT2 provides no public API to access /FSType
entries in PostScript fonts, they are not loaded at all,
I think.

# the list of "known" entries can be checked by grep
# T1_FIELD_xxx in source files.

I don't think the lack of the feature is designed, maybe
it is just "not yet", because the original CID-keyed
font and PS Type1 font specification didn't have FSType.
I don't have sufficient sparetime to provide the patch
to add the feature, is it urgent issue?

Regards,
mpsuzuki