Re: [ft-devel] About the Cmap format 12

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] About the Cmap format 12
Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2007 00:22:41 +0200 (CEST)

> I found that FreeType can not get the correct glyph index from the
> font “Simsun-extb” corroding the Unicode of the character.

Using version 0.90 of this font, I see no problems with `ftview -e
unic'.  However, this font version's `post' table is buggy; it misses
all indices 0x7FFF into the glyph name string array, thus FreeType
displays `.notdef' instead of the correct glyph name for Unicode
characters >= U+27EFC.

> In the TTF, the cmap table use the format 12, and I always get 0,
> from the function FT_Get_Char_Index(), I think it maybe a bug to
> deal with the cmap which is format 12.

Hmm.  All glyphs are displayed fine.  How did you compile FreeType?
For me it works with both `./configure --disable-shared; make' and
`make devel; make'.