Re: [ft-devel] freetype cvs breaks fontconfig

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] freetype cvs breaks fontconfig
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 06:42:59 +0100 (CET)

> Freetype from cvs (version as of today) breaks fontconfig-2.4.2 on
> my Gentoo machine (freetype-2.3.1 works fine). Fc-cache causes CPU
> to go 100% when it is trying to generate cache for
> media-fonts/gnu-gs-fonts-std.

Sorry to say but this report is completely useless!

  1. fontconfig is not maintained by us.

  2. You have to find out whether this is a problem with FreeType at
     all.  Just upgrading to the CVS version is not sufficient.

  3. You have to provide a repeatable test case.  I have absolutely no
     ideas which fonts (having which version) are actually in
     `media-fonts/gnu-gs-fonts-std'.  For example, on my SuSE box this
     directory doesn't exist at all.

Please try either the Gentoo or fontconfig bugtracker first.  In case
it is a bug in FreeType I'm quite sure that the maintainer will
contact us in due course.