Re: [ft-devel] looking for truetype fonts for testing

From: Chia I Wu
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] looking for truetype fonts for testing
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2005 00:51:40 +0800

On Tue, Aug 02, 2005 at 02:01:12PM -0700, George Williams wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-08-01 at 21:56, Chia I Wu wrote:
> > I'm looking for truetype fonts with apple's variation tables
> The standard example I use is Skia, a font that ships with the mac. I've
> seen others mentioned but don't know where to find them.
I finally found it after quite a lot of google :)
> > or with
> > composite glyph constructed with various different flags, especially
> > with ARGS_ARE_XY_VALUES and UNSCALED_COMPONENT_OFFSET set to false.
> I believe Chicago (also ships with the mac) uses this.
It turns out freetype has TT_CONFIG_OPTION_COMPONENT_OFFSET_SCALED
undefined, which I always thought it is defined.  After defining it, I
found I already some fonts to test with.  I don't know if this is
because the fonts I tested are for MAC, defining it gives me better
result.

olv