Re: [ft-devel] looking for truetype fonts for testing

From: George Williams
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] looking for truetype fonts for testing
Date: 03 Aug 2005 12:49:14 -0700

On Wed, 2005-08-03 at 09:51, Chia I Wu wrote:
> It turns out freetype has TT_CONFIG_OPTION_COMPONENT_OFFSET_SCALED
> undefined, which I always thought it is defined.  After defining it, I
> found I already some fonts to test with.  I don't know if this is
> because the fonts I tested are for MAC, defining it gives me better
> result.
Problem is that Mac/Windows have different defaults. I believe I wrote
the scaled component code, but I never figured out the freetype's
configuration system. TT_CONFIG_OPTION_COMPONENT_OFFSET_SCALED should be
#defined on the mac and #undefed on windows.

OpenType now includes two bits to the flags field of composite glyphs
(to specify which behavior the font was written with):
SCALED_COMPONENT_OFFSET (bit 11) -- Apple's behavior,
UNSCALED_COMPONENT_OFFSET (bit 12) -- Window's behavior. Most fonts
don't set these bits though, so TT_CONFIG_OPTION_COMPONENT_OFFSET_SCALED
is needed to set the default behavior.