RE: [ft-devel] Regarding the 2.1.10 release (misbehavior of fontforge)

From: George Williams
Subject: RE: [ft-devel] Regarding the 2.1.10 release (misbehavior of fontforge)
Date: 24 Mar 2005 07:45:27 -0800

On Thu, 2005-03-24 at 06:22, Turner, David wrote:
> The important thing is to agree on a public API to expose the features
> you need. If you could list all the "features" you need, that would
> help us a lot.
Oof. It's rather deeply nested but:

I'm currently including the header
        ttinterp.h
                (for TT_ExecContextRec)
                which includes
         ttobjs.h
(These are not even in the internal directory, they live in the truetype
subdirectory. In my configuration phase I use 'find' to search for the
freetype source installation)

I'm using these two unexpected calls:
        FT_Set_Debug_Hook               (Actually that one is exposed)
        TT_RunIns

I look at
        TT_ExecContextRec_
and use these fields:
        top
        stack
        pts
        twilight
        GS
        curRange
        code
        IP
        codeSize
        cvtSize
        cvt
        callTop
        callStack
        storeSize
        storage
        period
        phase
        threshold
        instruction_trap

Which means I indirectly use:
        TT_GlyphZoneRec
        TT_GraphicsState
        TT_CallStack

I generally use dlopen to load the library and do runtime testing of
version number, as well as checking that the routines I want are
compiled into it (if your runtime freetype doesn't have the bytecode
interpreter available, then your fontforge doesn't have the debugger,
etc.)