Re: [ft-devel] Bytecode interpreter?

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Bytecode interpreter?
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2005 08:11:40 +0100 (CET)

> I've just compiled freetype2 cvs and as usually I followed
> instructions to enable bytecode interpreter.  With my last snapshot
> (20041231, the last snapshot I could download from the old site)
> this worked, but now I see that freetype auto-hinter is used with
> all fonts. Did I miss something?

What exactly have you done?  For comparison purposes, you could say

  make devel
  make

on a fresh CVS archive; this definitely activates the bytecode
interpreter (it uses devel/ftoption.h instead of the default one).
Then compile the ft2demos programs, start ftview, and switch the
hinters with the `f' key.