Re: [Devel] are we ready for a new release

From: Steve Hartwell
Subject: Re: [Devel] are we ready for a new release
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 01:27:25 -0700

On Apr 11, 2004, at 11:18 AM, Werner LEMBERG wrote:
Are the current sources in an enough stable state to allow for an
upcoming release?

Yes.

Indeed they are. I would also be in favor of a new release; certainly the sum of the ChangeLog is sufficient to justify a good general release IMHO. Werner's work on CFF is quite significant.

What's more, though FTCache is currently designated as 'beta', I've been using it like it's written in stone, and it's functioned very well on Windows and Mac platforms. I am wrapping it in C++, and it's been very straightforward to use, which is always a pleasant surprise :-)

I would like to take this opportunity to thank David and Werner for the prodigious work they have accomplished, and have helped us accomplish.

Very best regards,

Steve Hartwell

p.s. I also have an ulterior motive specific to the Macintosh port on why I can't use the current cvs HEAD of ftmac.c (despite my patches to it). But since this would only concern myself, Garrick, and Leonard principally, I would prefer to wait until after a general release to bring it up.