Re: [Devel] are we ready for a new release

From: David Turner
Subject: Re: [Devel] are we ready for a new release
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 22:32:35 +0200

Hi Werner and all,

I'll tag VER-2-1-8-RC1 tonight and try to make it available on the
FTP server.

Releasing files to SourceForge is really an unpleasant experience
(click, click, click, click, clikc, all the time), since we upload
9 new files on every release. I'll probably provide only the sources
in tar.bz2 there, and that will be all...

Note that I'm willing to accept the sbit improvement patch, it's
just that I couldn't review it for the moment.

Regards,

- David Turner

Werner LEMBERG wrote:

Are the current sources in an enough stable state to allow for an
upcoming release?

Yes.

There are a few good things that deserve to be distributed, like the
PS hinter improvements,

Well, I didn't really improve it, I only fixed some bugs.  Hopefully,
I find some time to really make the algorithm better...

Opinions ?

Having a new release would be good -- and please install it on
sourceforge also!