RE: [Devel] win32: unresolved external symbol _FT_Outline_Get_BBox

From: David Somers
Subject: RE: [Devel] win32: unresolved external symbol _FT_Outline_Get_BBox
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 15:59:16 +0100

> > Shouldn't those files be pulled in by something like "ftbase.c"?
> >
> Nope, because they represent optional features. If client applications
> don't use them, these will not get linked into the final executable,
> saving code size.
>
> Of course, this is only valid for a static library, but you get the
> idea.

Ah, ok. I see what's happening now :).

I guess the files listed in the Library section of src/base/jamfile need to
get added to the Win32 dsp file (if not already there):

ftsystem.c   ftinit.c    ftglyph.c  ftmm.c     ftbdf.c
ftbbox.c     ftdebug.c   ftxf86.c   fttype1.c  ftpfr.c
ftstroke.c   ftwinfnt.c

BTW, perhaps it would be a good idea to update the documentation to state
that the appropriate functions are optional and are only available if the
necessary file(s) have been part of the build.

(I must admit that I don't use Jam myself... nor the original Windows dsp...
I've got my own set of Windows dsp files to build FT2 for my own use... one
thing I'm adding to my own build process is a set of unit tests for FT2...
anybody interested?)

Cheers from was-snow-covered-in-the-morning-but-now-mostly-melted
Luxembourg,

David Somers