[Devel] Help with CID-keyed fonts

From: Nick Blievers
Subject: [Devel] Help with CID-keyed fonts
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 16:53:21 +1000

Hi,
        I'm having trouble getting CID-keyed fonts to display. I've been messing
around with a simple showfont application, which works fine for pcf, ttf,
pfa fonts, but will not display CID-keyed fonts. After adding some debug
messages, I THINK the problem is that no charmaps are available for the font
(as in face->num_charmaps = 0).

        The CID-keyed font is a wierd format, and as best as I can work out,
there
are several directories containing related font files. Eg
        CIDFont/
        AFM/
        CFM/
        CCM/
        CMap/
        And I think I need to use more than one file.

        I tried using the FT_Attach_File() function to load an extra file (on
top
of the CIDFont/ file), but I get a not implemented error.

        So, how do I load a charmap?

        In docs/BUGS there is an entry with the tag "NO-CID-CMAPS" ... I'm not
hitting this bug am I?

        Is there any sample code thats uses CID-keyed fonts? I've not been able
find anything....

Any help would be most appreciated,

Thanks

Nick