Re: [Devel] A new CFF encoding bug

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Devel] A new CFF encoding bug
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 08:20:19 +0200 (CEST)

> The problem is with the following font:
>
>     http://www3.telus.net/public/ab114139/font_bug.cff
>
> It is a CFF encoding bug.
> The problem is that face->num_charmaps returns 0. Not a single charmap is
> initialized.

Well, this font doesn't contain an encoding!  Most of the glyphs can
only be accessed by glyph names.

Anyway, I've added support to recognize `uXXXX[X[X]]' glyph names so
that a few glyphs get proper entries in a synthesized Unicode charmap.

Note that the glyph names in the font are probably buggy too: There
are glyphs named like `u069' or `u064' -- it seems the last character
is missing.

Please test.