Re: [Devel] Bug Report TypeCIDCFF

From: David Turner
Subject: Re: [Devel] Bug Report TypeCIDCFF
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 12:33:31 +0200

Hello Ivan,

Ivan Nincic wrote:

Hello,

I have a a bug report related to latest freetype2-current.tar.gz build 5/7/2003 (the same problem occurs for 2.1.4 release build).

FT_Error error = FT_New_Memory_Face( gl_ft_lib,
       font_buf,
       font_buf_sz,
       0,
       (FT_Face*) &m_font_face );

returns error code 0x55 while attempting to load the attached font (same is for FT_New_Face(..)). When font_buf_sz is extended beyond the actual size of the font buffer the face is sometimes loaded and sometimes not.

The font is a subsetted Type1 CID / CFF font.

Please let me know if you require more samples or further explanations.

I have not looked at your font or even run a test, but the error code seems
to indicate that the font is broken and contains an invalid table file
offset. I suppose that's why FreeType 2 refuses to read it.

This would also explain the behaviour when "adding" random bytes to the
file to make it load :-)

How did you get this font ?

Cheers,

- David Turner

This message and any attachments (the "message") is intended solely for the
addressees and is confidential. If you receive this message in error, please
delete it and immediately notify the sender.
Any use not in accordance with its purpose, any dissemination or disclosure,
either whole or partial, is prohibited except formal approval.
The E-Mail transmission can not guarantee the integrity of this message.
CANAL+TECHNOLOGIES will not therefore be liable for the message if modified.