Re: [Devel] macos9 cannot open suitcases or ttf

From: Riccardo Cohen
Subject: Re: [Devel] macos9 cannot open suitcases or ttf
Date: Mon, 07 Oct 2002 10:38:57 +0100

freetype 2.1.2

The thing is that in the code, as 'POST' ressource is not present, post_data is
null and buffer is returned null and nothing work from there...

The function read_lwfn returns no error but makes the pfb_data to be null which
is not accepted in open_face_from_buffer of course... => error 6
(Invalid_Argument)

Leonard Rosenthol wrote:

> At 11:13 AM +0100 10/4/02, Riccardo Cohen wrote:
> >1) I try to open a normal font suitcase in "SystemFolder/Fonts".
> >
> >       post_data = Get1Resource( 'POST', res_id++ );
> >
> >gives NULL. so FT_New_Face() return 6 (Invalid_Argument, of course
> >the buffer is null) I looked in
>
>         Because Arial is not a Postscript/Type 1 font - it's a
> TrueType.  It should work from there...
>
>         What version of FreeType are you using?
>
> Leonard
> --