RE: [Devel] CFF fonts assume Type 2 charstrings

From: Graham Asher
Subject: RE: [Devel] CFF fonts assume Type 2 charstrings
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2002 23:04:48 +0100

Tom Kacvinsky said:

<<<<<<
Have you ever seen a CFF font which uses anything but Type 2 char strings?

No - I have hardly ever seen any Type 2 fonts.

<<<<<<
As far as I know, no tool out there makes CFF fonts with non-"Type 2"
charstrings,
so this is a non-issue, despite what Adobe's docs say.

In that case this fact should be documented by comments and backed up by an
assertion or the return of an error code by the CFF driver.

<<<<<<
You can always email the Adobe font folks if you do not believe me. :)

You over-react, Tom. I merely asked a question. I believe everything I read
on the FreeType developer mailing list ;-) Thanks for the information. The
Adobe font folks should perhaps be encouraged to correct their
documentation.

Graham Asher