Re: [Devel] CFF fonts assume Type 2 charstrings

From: George Williams
Subject: Re: [Devel] CFF fonts assume Type 2 charstrings
Date: Thu, 08 Aug 2002 18:09:09 -0700

At 09:37 PM 8/8/2002 +0100, you wrote:
is this an error? The CFF driver assumes that charstrings are Type 2, and
has no provision for other types. I believe this from the fact that
top->charstring_type is correctly set but never referred to.
If the FreeType charstring parser is like PfaEdit's, this is almost irrelevant. I use the same code to parse type1&2 strings. Almost all of the differences between the two are codes defined in one but not the other, there are very few codes where there is a sematic difference between the two...